Within the scope we are committed to continuously pursue opportunities to reduce our consumption of resources, to avoid waste and to comply with all environmental legislation and regulatory requirements in order to protect the environment.
Top management endorses this policy and ensures it is compatible with the context and strategic direction of the Company. Top management are accountable for the effectiveness of the environmental management system (EMS) and are responsible for ensuring that is communicated, understood, implemented and maintained at all levels within the Company and ultimately, that it achieves its intended outcomes.
Top management promotes and is committed to continual improvements of the EMS to enhance environmental performance. This is facilitated through the setting of documented environmental objectives based on our significant environmental aspects and compliance obligations. Action plans have been set to achieve objectives and are maintained as part of the EMS internal auditing, monitoring and management review processes. The results of which are communicated to interested parties, where appropriate.
• Protects the natural environment from harm and degradation.
• Prevents pollution and meets other specific relevant commitments including sustainable resource use.
• Complies with all compliance obligations, where these relate to our environmental aspects.
• Directors, management and supervisory staff have responsibilities for the implementation of the policy and ensure that environmental issues are given adequate consideration in the planning and day-to-day operations of all activities.
• Provides employees and others with the resources needed for the EMS, including support and encouragement to fulfil the requirements, commensurate with their role.
• Strives to integrate the EMS into all business processes.
• Minimises waste to landfill by segregating and recycling waste where economically and operationally feasible.
• Co-ordinates business transport so as to reduce fuel consumption.
• Uses energy, water, materials and other natural resources as efficiently as possible.
• Ensures that the environment is considered in the procurement of products and services.
• Work with suppliers and customers to ensure the best environmental practice is adopted in all of our activities, so far as is reasonably practicable.